Special Announcement Regarding Coronavirus
Pediatric Associates of Avon is open!
NOTE: Please make sure you call our office to make a telemedicine appointment.
A few quick things……
- Per the recommendations of the American Academy of Pediatrics, we will continue to see newborns and well-child checks. Specifically, we are still seeing infants and children < 2 years old who require immunizations. This is very important to prevent outbreaks of preventable infectious diseases in the future. We have and will continue to reschedule older children to a later date. We are seeing well-child checks in the morning only. When we call to confirm your appointment, we will be asking screening questions. If there is any direct exposure to a case of COVID-19, your child’s appointment will be rescheduled.
- There are still many other things that require care beyond COVID-19. Thus, we are offering sick visits in the afternoon as well as telemedicine (see below). These visits will also be screened. If there is any direct exposure to a case of COVID-19, we ask that you do not bring your child into the office.
- As an alternative to bringing your child into the office for sick visits, we are offering telemedicine! We just started this on Monday, and we have found it to be very beneficial in this unusual situation. Please call the office for more information. We think this option will be very important over the coming days, weeks and (hopefully not) months! The app we are using is Zoom. This is a HiPAA compliant platform for telemedicine. Downloading and signing-up for the app will need to be completed before the telemedicine interaction can be started.
- IU West will also be screening as you walk in the entrance. They are allowing one family member to accompany the child/children.
- We do not have COVID-19 testing in the office and are unable to order it at this time.
- Please be safe, smart and remain healthy. This is a difficult time for all! You may contact with any questions! We are here to help!