Special Announcement Regarding Coronavirus
Pediatric Associates of Avon is open!
NOTE: Please make sure you call our office to make a telemedicine appointment.
A few quick updates from our office during this health crisis we are facing….
We think well child checks are very important to continue to monitor developmental milestones, assess overall health of our patients and give immunizations to help prevent outbreaks of preventable infectious diseases in the future. We also know that there are still many other things that require care beyond COVID-19. Thus, we are still seeing sick patients in the office (depending on symptoms and COVID-19 exposure) and offering telemedicine when appropriate. All this being said, we are also trying to keep our patients, their families and our staff protected from COVID-19. We have temporarily adjusted our office polices to continue to do all of the above!
Beginning May 4, 2020, we will begin seeing all well child checks. Here are the details.
Well Child Checks – ALL AGES
- All well child checks will be seen starting 5/4/2020
- Scheduled in the morning
- Office visits
- 1:00 to 1:30 pm until “close”. During these unique times, the office may close early based on number of phone calls and patients being seen in the afternoon
- Throughout the day
- A physician may be able to get to them in the morning, but most telemedicine calls will start at 1:00 to 1:30 pm
- See instructions for telemedicine.
- These visits will be done via telemedicine unless it is with a well child check. In this case, it will be in the morning.
- Starting at 1:30 pm with telemedicine
Shots only visit
- During well check hours in the morning
Office flow and procedures
- Masks will be worn by all staff in our office at all times.
- Our staff will contact patients the business day before their appointment
- We will confirm the visit.
- We will also be screening for subjective fever or fever >100, increased work of breathing and direct or suspected exposure to COVID-19. If any of these criteria are met, we will reschedule the appointment for a later date.
- After you park in the IU West parking lot for your appointment, please call our office to let us know you have arrived. To help check-in run smoothly once you are in the office, we may ask you to text or email a copy of your insurance card. We will also verify address and phone number.
- We will allow ONLY 2 families in the waiting room at all times to continue to practice responsible social distancing.
- One on the right side
- One on the left side
- When we are ready for you to enter the office, we will call you.
- IU Health West will be screening you upon entrance into the building.
- Only one parent will be allowed to go the appointment with the patient.
- Once in the waiting room, you will check-in. We will also schedule your next appointment at that time.
- We will see you for your visit.
- Once your visit is complete, you will exit through one of the side doors.
We still do not have COVID-19 testing in the office and are unable to order it at this time. Will keep you posted on this.
Please continue to be safe, smart and remain healthy. This is a difficult time for all! You may contact us with any questions! We are here to help!